25 Random things about me
Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it's because I want to know more about you (or I think you'll come up with really entertaining things).
1. At one point I had 4 cats & 4 dogs. I love animals, i have loved and lost many and the cause was never a natural death. My Cats were always named after alcohol and my one of my dogs had my sisters names (imagine the confusion). I love Cats & Dogs equally.
2. My cat once had kittens in my bed. I thought she brought a rat to bed - nearly threw it out till i heard it squeal in my sleep.
3. I've changed my name 3 times and by the time I'm married it will be 4.
4. I grew up, lived and studied in the hills (nilgiris) and this had to be the best life anyone could ever have growing up.
5. I LOVE traveling, who doesn't :) Given a chance every holiday has to be a place I've never been to (barring goa though thats an exception oh & london,too many times is never enough)
6. I've had a best friend for most of my life - 23 years to be precise.
7. Water and I are inseparable.It takes me all of 5 secs to get straight in. I learnt to swim watching people, but not before pretending i could swim by walking in the pool and doing the breast stroke simultaneously. Diving (in the sea) is right up there on things I MUST do next.
8. I hated studying, there was nothing i detested more than studying & it amazes me that I managed to get through it. (Why subjects like hindi and math ever existed i failed to understand) I live for my work there is nothing i much rather do.
9. Aiesec truly contributed hugely to making me who i am today - say what you like you Aiesec haters - buts it true and you know it ;)
10. I've been welcomed at an airport with garlands, loud singing and empire chicken kababs.
11. My all time favourite movies include - My fair lady, mary poppins,sound of music and chitty chitty bang bang.
12. My love for music spans genres and ages and i can quite confidently say i am part of a dying group of people my age you know music and songs that go all the way back to world war 1 & 2 :)
13. The latest version of microsoft office drives me mad. Tabs and commands are just not where i know them to be.
14. I cannot run to save my life however I've been on my school basket ball, hockey & badminton teams.
15. I attempted high jump at various levels several times in school the result was always something like this - run run, yes i can make that jump okay bar approaching oh ho this is not happening brakes on slam into the pole OR stop at pole and climb over it one leg at a time OR brakes didn't work so ducked head and went under pole. I always got my house 1 point for attempting)
16. Put on retro music and i'm on the floor in a jiffy and the last one to get off it
17. My Family is the center & the single most important thing in my life - even though i know they complain i never spend enough time with them ;)
18. I've learnt patience ALWAYS pays off - eg date a guy for 6 years = 2 proposals (i love you kiran !!)
19. I'm a "monica" - i hate ring marks from glasses, misplaced carpets, a crumby kitchen slab & peoples feet on my center table(apart from other things)
20. I have failed miserably at riding a bike (my fep girls can vouch for that). I don't think i will ever be able to ride a bike without hitting 20 others at the same time.
21. I've been in love with the same person for 6 years and cant imagine being in love with anyone else but him for the rest of my life.
22. I have a tendency to fall down steps - in college, in a mall, at home ..
23. I have never ever had a fracture as much as i have always wished for one (especially closer to my exams) However i have been stung my a bee, gotten a tennis elbow & caughtmy finger in a gate - all of which immobilized my right arm for 2 weeks each time.
24. I've had a snake in my room for an entire week and been unsuccessful in getting it out till my mum and granddad got on the job !! (you dont want to know how)
25. I start the most amazing journey of my life in a year ... I'm getting married - yipee !!!