Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Rebooting Country: Norway to India

Talk about being MIA. Seems like my last post was AGES ago. I'm just going to blame it on moving countries.

The hubby and I decided we were going to move back to India by November 2012. I had this bunch of things I had to get done before I left beautiful Europe and Norway that was our home for over 3 years. So in short here are all my excuses for not blogging for so many many months....

  • Getting the travel bug out of me with lots of last minute travel - The Ascot Races, Paris, Bulgaria, Bodø
  • Doing 2 amazing hikes with friends in Norway at Prekistolen & Kjerag and seeing NOTHING thanks to the Norwegian weather.
  • Watching Roxette LIVE along with Lenny Kravitz and Tom Petty& The Heartbreakers 
  • Having my mother visit and take her to Paris
  • Seeing a Moose. Yes this was top priority I couldn't leave without seeing a Moose... (I did manage to see a bunch of other animals from the region as well)
  • Celebrate my birthday one last time there (I was suddenly legal to enter a bar which had an entry criterion of 28 !) 
   

And once these were done the packing started & I got the Farewell of my life from our friends. The tears didn't stop for a very long time..                                                                            
Farewell Cake with the Marius Design

Before I knew it the Norwegian chapter of our lives closed, I was back home in Bangalore. What started next was a whole different kind of crazy - 7 weddings, My Sisters Graduation, Norwegian Christmas Dinner we cooked, House Hunting, Luggage Arrival & custom clearances & finally setting up home .. you get the picture.

Ribbe - A Norwegian Christmas Dish



Not like we didn't have enough on our plate we decided to adopt a dog - YES a DOG. Turns out she is the center of our lives - an absolutely bouncy, love-able, sometimes crazy Labrador. Silly people who abandoned her truly had no appreciation for this furry ball or the immense amounts of love she brings with her..

Ms.Penny Lane Muffin

Changing countries comes with its fair share of challenges but brings joy in equal measure. More to come on that ... for now this is just to say I'm Alive, Kicking & got a few more posts up my sleeve... 

No comments: